Sunday, June 1, 2008

A new bed for my big girl!

Today we bought A a new bedroom set! We went to the Ashley Furniture store and picked out such a cute bedroom for her! She loves it. She's convinced that it's a "princess" bed, and it sort of is. It's going to be delivered June 12 and we all are so excited! I started out with a princess theme for her room, but I think I am going go with a ballerina theme instead. I have found some very cute ballerina pictures and a toe shoe lamp so far. I will post the pics when I get it all done. The picture is of the bedroom set we bought for her! Isn't it so cute?!!

Jas and I also considered buying a new mattress for our bed. It has needed to be replaced for a while now. We have tried to buy a mattress before, but we never can agree on exactly what we want. Jas would like to have a king size because he likes to "Star Fish" as he calls it when he sprawls out on the bed. However, we already have a queen bed, so if we get a king we will have to also get a whole new bedroom set. We just can't seem to bring ourselves to spend that kind of money on a new bed for us. We had no hesitation spending money on A's new bedroom set and when it's J's turn we will do the same, but for some reason when it's for us, it's suddenly extravagant and we talk ourselves out of it. I'm not sure why this is. So, we sat in the mattress section of the Ashley store arguing back and forth over whether or not to buy the mattress, over-analyzing the pros and cons. I am sure we were driving the sales woman crazy. We finally decided to hold off on getting the new bed for ourselves, but we did get the bedroom set for A. We even fenagled our way into free delivery :).

A is growing up so fast. She was such a tiny baby and now she is taller than most 4-year-olds and can even keep up with the 5-year-olds on the playground! Sometimes when I watch her play I am so amazed at the little person she has become. She is a very special creature and I am so enamored with her! I couldn't imagine my life without her and J. The pictures are of A and me when she was a baby (around 3 months?) and the other picture is her at 3 years. *SIGH* It seems like we took that first picture yesterday.

2 comments:

Genessa said...

Hey Erica it was fun running into you guys at the mall. Your girls are so stinking cute it was fun to meet them. I love the bed it so so beautiful. Glad to see that you have a blog. Mine is genessaphillips.blogspot.com
Talk to you later,
Genessa

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Love the blog....very cute!! Can't wait to see more posts!! Talk to you soon blogging buddy!! :)
Jaclyn
mabryfam.blogspot.com