Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fathers' Day

This post is to honor my wonderful husband on Fathers' Day. He is the strongest, most motivated person I have ever met. When he was enlisted in the Navy, he was the perfect exemplar of what a military member ought to be. He worked very hard and if there was ever an opportunity to work with the higher ranking officers he was always chosen because they knew his work would be meticulous.

I got to see his true character, though, when he got accepted into the Navy's college engineering program. It is quite a presitgious program that will open many doors for him in the future. One opportunity he has is to get his masters degree from the school of his choice. Since this discovery, he has studied tirelessly to maintain perfect grades so that he can be accepted into a high-ranking school. He has earned his way into two different honors' societies, Tau Beta Pi and Alphi Ki, and was even elected the president of Tau Beta Pi. He was also awarded a $4000 education grant as a result of his GPA. He is constantly progressing and barely has time to himself, yet somehow he manages to find the time to be there for his family. During the fall semester, he sat with me for hours and helped me work problems for an algebra class I was taking. I got an "A" thanks to him!
Most people have to apply for jobs, but not Jason! At school, the tutoring center approached him and offered him a job. After one semester of working there, the engineering research center recruited him. Now he is working to create computer programs to help the engineering community be more accurate in their designs.

In addition to be a brilliant engineer-in-training, he is an amazing husband and father. A and J ADORE him. In fact, when J was six weeks old, he was the only person she would smile at! J saw me as simply a food source, but Daddy was FUN! He loves playing games with A and especially loves wrestling with her. He worries about our kids and sacrifices so they can have things to make their lives better or more fun. I fall in love with him all over again when I watch him play with the kids or read them bedtime stories. We know that as his family we are the most important people in his life and that means the world to me.

So, Jason, this Fathers' Day I hope you enjoy the golf net I got you, the picture frame A made for you (I posted a picture of it), and the snow globe with J's picture in it, but I also hope you know how much we love you, support you, and appreciate all that you do for us.

No comments: