Friday, June 13, 2008

These are my babies!!




As I was rushing to get ready for school yesterday morning, I heard A playing in my room. I stuck my head out of the bathroom to see what she was up to. A had placed her "baby" doll on my bed next to where J was sitting and covered them both up with a blanket. I was so surprised that I had to take a picture! A loves to pretend that she has a baby too. If J needs a diaper change, A's baby does too. If J is hungry, A's baby is hungry too. It's cute, although I will admit it's pretty entertaining to watch A mimc me breastfeeding J!




So, then, a little while later, I realized it was awfully quiet in my room. I checked on the kids again and found that A had jumped in bed too, and they were all reading a story together. When I walked into the room, A said, "Look Mommy! These are my babies!" It was too cute! She is such a good big sister and takes her big-sister responsibilities VERY seriously. If ever J cries or seems upset, A is right by her side singing a song, (usually Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) or offering J a binki. I have been watching how J being born has affected A. After J was born I was worried that A would have a hard time adjusting because J demands so much attention, but A has been nothing but helpful and loving toward J. I hope this display of affection is a sign that when the girls are older they will be the best of friends. I am thankful every single day to have them in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope so! for everyone! :D How sweet!