Friday, November 21, 2008

"Twilight" movie review



Ok, so I read Twilight because my friend down the street is border-line obsessive about the book. I thought the book had an interesting story-line, but the writing wasn't so hot. In fact, reading some of the corny romance scenes were actually painful--less like reading, more like trudging through a muddy narrative.

BUT, the movie is awesome. The screenwriters did an amazing job including the major elements from the book, while incorporating humor. For me, the movie added the intensity the book lacked. The special effects were really fun. I loved when Edward's skin was glittering in the sunlight.

My only complaint would be that not everyone can see the movie. To fully understand the movie and get all of the jokes, viewers have to have read the book. However, on the same note, as someone who read the book, I LOVED that aspect of the film. Understanding all of the little jokes gave the movie an "inside joke" intimacy. That intimacy serves to unite fans and add another element of fun to being a Twilight superfan.

I LOVED the movie. I was cheering right along with the 150 13-16 year-old girls in the theater with me :D.

BTW, I went to see the movie with about 25 other girls from my ward. We all wore matching "Bite Me" shirts and sat in line for about an hour giggling like giddy teenagers. It was a great night, but it's clear that we need to get out more lol....

4 comments:

AS Amber said...

Really? You loved it? See, I LOVED the books and I was just talking to my gf about how we thought that if you hadn't read the books you probably wouldn't even get the movie. But since you are a regular commenter on Sue's blog, I have to respect your opinion and re-evaluate mine on the matter. I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks for letting me stalk you :)

Erika Kiel said...

I agree Amber! I definitely think you have to read the books to get the movie. But, for me, the seeing the story played out on the big screen made the story more intense and I REALLY fell in love with Edward. Aughh, Edward. <3

Man, I love Sue's blog! I can only dream of blogging like she does! Thanks for stopping by! Stalk anytime you want! :D

Chandler Myers said...

I love the book & the movie. After the movie, I just wanted more and more EDWARD. AHH. :)

Stace said...

Okay, in our theater, girls were crying they loved it so much! The tween sitting next to me even whispered "I love you" to Edward when he started kissing Bella. LOL! So classic! The best shirt I saw said "Real Men Sparkle"....I'll try to find one for you. :)