Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Official!

I am a soccer mom! Abrie started soccer in September and her last game was in November. Her team was the roadrunners, and their colors were royal blue and white. She will start up again in the spring season around March. This time Jas got volunteered to be the assistant coach. Should be a fun season!

Watching the four and five year olds play soccer was so great. The kids on her team were adorable! The games were hilarious. Some kids (Abrie) twirled their hair as the ball rolled right by them, some threw fits (everyone pretty much took a turn breaking down), and some showed incredible natural talent. But, everyone would agree that getting TWO snacks is really the way to go. That's right. The kids get a snack of orange slices or grapes half-way through the game, and at the end of the game, they get a drink with various other delightful treats. Lucky.















At the end of the season, Abrie's coach handed out trophies and told them how much he enjoyed playing soccer with them. Although I don't think anyone knows how many games we won or lost, the season was pretty successful because every kid on the team had a great time. I would imagine that in the spring we will see many of the same faces again. Abrie is very lucky to have a great coach and great teammates! Thanks for a fun season guys!

Although the kids were playing soccer, it was not the only thing being taught on the field. Abrie also learned what a boyfriend is. She now has four boyfriends, and I have heard from their parents that at least two of the boys are more than willing to have her as their girlfriends. Heh. I'm not quite sure what to think of that.

6 comments:

Cory said...

Haha. Erika, you're going to have to teach her how to use a big stick!

jessica said...

Hey! She looks darling in her little soccer uniform! And you know what a fan I am of girls being athletes! :) It was so fun to get a comment from you and to catch up on your life through your blog. Brod is currently in his last year of dental school, so come June we are leaving Florida and it's so bittersweet! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! (Are you in Texas? We might be moving to Austin/Temple area for a residency program.)

M + D said...

Your little one is so adorable!! I didn't know you guys had a blog either! So I'm just wondering what part of DC you were living in?... we haven't found a place yet :) xoxox

Stace said...

Go soccer mom go! And cute pics all around.

Chandler Myers said...

Oh dear, Erika. Just wait until she is 16.. you're going to have your hands full with your little one. Now that you're a soccer, mom.. you need a mini van!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little soccer girl, I wish Malarie would let me be a soccer mom...FUN!