Sunday, November 30, 2008

Halloween--Better Late Than Never!

For Halloween this year Jason was in Idaho, so the girls and I had a pretty low key Halloween. The Wed. before Halloween, we went to the ward Halloween party, which is where the pictures were taken. She was a Sleeping Beauty Fairy (lol), and Jaylee was a purple hippo. I thought they both looked incredibly cute. :D



















Then on Halloween, she had a dress-up party in her dance class, so she got to wear her costume again! The cute little blonde girl she is sitting next to is her friend Kylie. She LOVES Kylie!












That night, we picked up Papa Murphy's and hurried home to get ready for trick or treating! We left the house at 7:00 exactly and returned at exactly 7:32. She only lasted for 32 minutes! By the time my neighborhood started trick or treating it was dark, and some of my neighbors really got into the Halloween spirit. One of my neighbors set the Halloween ambiance with a life-size cackling witch in her yard, strobe lights, and LOUD scary music. Abrie was scared to death! She demanded to go home and hand out candy. So, we sat on our porch and ate our pizza and handed out candy. She told me that handing out candy was her favorite part of Halloween!

I was a little disgusted with how scary some of the decor was. Halloween has become a holiday for children, and there are A LOT of little kids in my neighborhood. I think people who haven't been around small children forget how easily they are scared. Guys, maybe next year ya'll could tone it down a bit so everyone can enjoy the holiday.

Despite the scariness, I am pretty sure Abrie enjoyed herself; however, she hasn't touched ANY of her candy. When we were walking home after trick or treating, she told me that she was done trick or treating because she didn't want "all the sugar." I thought it was just an excuse to go home because she was scared, but she really has not shown any interest in her bag of candy. I think I'll freeze it and hand it out next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cute, where do you live again? you are doing really good with the blog thing, i suck and i have been doing it for years :)

Erika Kiel said...

Thanks Jessica! We live in TX. I am not really doing that well lol... I just have good friends who help me out!