Wednesday, January 20, 2010

FINALLY!

I got the blog fixed. Something bad happened and I lost the other background. So, now it's a generic background. But it's WAY better than what I was getting before! Hopefully I didn't lose all of my readers. Hang in there you two! :D

So much has happened since my last post of Jason's OCS graduation. We moved to CA and Jason is now part of a battalion. I'm learning a lot about battalion life. Some good, like awesome support mentality and good friends; and some bad, like loooong deployments and looooong deployments. Did I mention there are long deployments? Jason just returned from three months in Spain. Three months is a relatively short deployment, but when you consider that he had just returned from being gone for three months at OCS, the time starts adding up. He was only home long enough for us to get moved into our house and then he was shipped off to Spain. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not complaining about his "deployment" to Spain. He of course was working, but he also got to hang out with monkeys in Gibraltar and do a little sightseeing along the Spanish Riviera. Most of the time I wasn't feeling too sorry for him!

Meanwhile, on the home-front, Abrie started school, and I quickly made some very good friends. We settled in quite nicely on the base, which I maintain is the only place to live during battalion deployments. I joined the Bee Club, the seabee officers' wives' club, and its activities combined with our wardroom (the other families in our battalion) activities, have kept me incredibly busy.

Jason came home from Spain last week and promptly started engineering officer school: CECOS. I'm hoping it's going to be kind of a quiet three months because once he graduates from CECOS and joins his battalion in homeport (it will be home by then) his workload is going to exponentially increase as they prepare for a deployment in the sand box. Having never done a homeport before, I'm not totally sure what to expect, but I've heard it's nearly as difficult as a deployment. Great. Anyway, in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy having him home and enjoy the slower pace of CECOS. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you have him home for a bit and I'm glad you have some good friends to help you out when you need it. :)

Loni said...

Yay for your blog being back! Thanks for the update! I'm glad that you get to have him home for a bit as well.