Thursday, April 2, 2009

Long time no blog....

I am swamped. Actually, I am more than swamped. When someone says, "I am swamped," I picture them knee-deep in stinky marsh water with plenty of black mold and algae. I am not so much swamped as "in over my head" in aforementioned stinky marsh water with plenty of black mold and algae. Actually, I am still not sure that covers it. A more accurate description might be that I am sitting at the bottom of the murky mire having a tea party with the black mold, algae, pond scum, and probably a snail. Nice.

Needless to say, school and life are kicking my butt. The worst part is that I am letting them get the best of me. I am so beaten down and just exhausted that I have lost the will to fight. I need some motivation. The idea that I will eventually want to go to grad school keeps me plugging along, and thank goodness for my kids persistently insisting that I get out of bed and make them breakfast every morning or seriously, it might not happen.

I am completely stuck in a rut. I just have to survive until May when I can drag myself across the graduation stage and then hopefully pawn my children off on unsuspecting family members while I sleep off a semesters worth of anxiety and hopelessness.

That is, if I don't drown first in the murky mire that has become my life. Sometimes I think it might be easier to just inhale deeply and let it consume me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gah NOOOOOOO! No inhale. Not allowed! :D

If you lived here I'd say the snow was getting to you (it snowed again today, but thankfully right now it's rain again).

May isn't terribly far off. Maybe you could make yourself a countdown chain... start with black construction paper and slowly go through the colors till you get to yellow. End in sight. Horray!

In fact, I think I may have to do that for Goober. He is really dragging on the school thing.

Hang in there kiddo! You can do it!

(PS you can pawn your kids off on me too if you want!)

Ciara said...

I know the feeling! And you are more than welcome to pawn your kids off on us anytime! Good luck with the rest of the semester :)

Erika Kiel said...

You guys are AWESOME! I actually am feeling much better tonight :D I am going to make a ticker for graduation and look at it EVERY day.

Stace said...

The graduation ticker and/or a chain will help! You'll get through it and you (and your kids) will be so grateful for your education. I know it can be hard - I'll be thinking of you!