Friday, August 28, 2009

It's (almost) Official!

We are moving to Port Hueneme, CA! I was hoping to be able to break out of Idaho before the big Halloween snow storm, but the division that Jason will be attached to is deployed now, so Oct. 13 he is gone and won't come home until the end of January. Since Abrie is enrolled in school in kindergarten, I will stay here and let her finish out the semester. Poor Jason will miss every major holiday this year. But at least at the end of January we will all get to move to Cali! Port Hueneme sounds like a beautiful place. It's about an hour north of Los Angeles, so I am expecting nice weather and great ocean views! I am also excited because an old friend of mine, Brooke Grayson-James, lives near there. I NEVER get to live near friends! She has a little girl about Abrie's age, so hopefully we can get together once in a while for a playdate. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Having friends close is awesome! I hope it works out beautifully. :)

Brooke James said...

I CAN'T WAIT! We were at the beach yesterday and I was telling Carrie how excited I was to show you all our favorite beach, go out to dinner, watch the girls play together at the park... Port Hueneme has good areas and not so good areas. You'll need to be very selective with the area that you choose. But you're minutes from the beach!