Friday, January 16, 2009

Back to the Gay Marriage Argument....

So, I was killing time on Facebook and stumbled upon what I consider to be an educational treasure. The article is written by a BYU law professor debunking the lies that were spread about Prop 8. Believe how you want, but I believe that all people deserve the same rights and equal treatment under the law. Check out the link. It's incredibly enlightening.

http://www.affirmation.org/pdf/2008_09_18_thurston.pdf

2 comments:

Stace said...

I'm with ya on this one, babe! :)

Email me if you need an invite to get on my blog (I don't remember if I sent you the new one). Love ya!

Good luck with the house! Any news?

Stace said...

Hey again! For the DR, we just planned it ourselves using online planners like "Trip Advisor" that rated different resorts and had forums where we asked alot of questions. We did half our trip in Santo Domingo and then half in La Ramana at a resort. So fun.

We had hook ups ready (names we'd gotten from people in the forums) to get us from one place to another, and saved alot of money that way.

If you can, go to Imbert (a tiny city) and go to Carcos 27 -- it's a rainforest hike with 27 waterfalls, very cool! It's a little shady to get there, but so amazing!

Also, just a heads up that the people there speak like a "Ebonics" Spanish! For example, Sean got around well in Spain, and minored in Spanish, but struggled a little with the Spanish in the DR at the beginning of our trip. Then, at our resort, there were Russians every where, so he was more comfortable! :)