My fun-loving husband is coming home tonight from his "man week" in Idaho. Our friend, Phil, turned 30, so Jas and his four best friends metin Boise to celebrate and have a "man week." Man week activities included: snowboarding, sledding, bowling, and other various "man" activities. However, there wasn't enough snow for them to go snowboarding or sledding. So, they played snowboarding on the Wii. They did make it bowling, though. :)
I have missed him the four days he's been gone, but I can't say it's been all bad.
At first I was MAD that he was going. How dare he go play in Idaho for four days while I stay here alone with the kids? BUT, school ended the day he left, and the kids were still in school/daycare. SO, no husband + no school + no kids... What does that equal?
FREEDOM!!!
Yes, it's been bliss. I went shopping ALONE. I relaxed at Starbucks ALONE. I watched girlie movies and ate cookie dough (very bad for my diet) ALONE. I sauntered around Costco for hours, tried on every bra in Kohls, and sang Alanis Morrisette in my car at the top of my lungs. I hogged the bed, and spent an hour working on my hair and make-up.
BUT...
Sometimes alone isn't all that great. Turns out shopping is so much more fun when I have someone to try on clothes with. Movies are so much funnier with someone to laugh along with me. I won't even discuss the cookie dough fiasco. Plus, what good does it do me to work for an hour on my hair and make-up when I have no one to show off for? I couldn't even take a picture because he has my camera!
So, Jason, we've all had our fun, but
COME HOME!!
We miss you!
P.S. I can't lie, though. Having the bed to myself was GREAT! :)
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment